BHETA is to host one of its ever popular Meet the Buyer events with Lakeland. The event will take place on April 27 at the Best Western Plus Manor Hotel, 127 Main Road, Meriden, Solihull, CV7 7NH. This speed networking event allows potential UK-only suppliers to meet with key housewares buyers in timed 20-minute appointments. Suppliers can book additional appointments if they have products relevant for several categories.
Lakeland is keen to engage with suppliers who can supply the following products, with buyers from all mentioned categories in attendance:
- Baking – cake decorations, eco and/or premium ranges in cake presentation, biscuit making, Christmas baking, kids baking, bakeware, baking ingredients, bread making.
- Laundry – solutions for drying inside and outside.
- Cleaning – specialist cleaning; equipment or chemicals for carpet or floor.
- Cookware – microwave cooking, kitchen SDA, knives including sharpeners and boards, kitchen tools and gadgets, food prep, food storage, drinks and hydration, food on the go, seasoning, books and preserving.
- Seasonal – barware, ice including ice lolly moulds, outdoor entertaining including outdoor serve ware and innovative outdoor cooking equipment, including BBQs and pizza ovens, Christmas entertaining including family games.
- Home – clever function storage solving problems in the home.
Lakeland will give preference to suppliers who come prepared with a range of products rather than just single items. Current HOT categories are:
- Air frying
- Slow cooking
- Pressure cooking
- Fun Cooking with innovative SDA and baking ingredients to sit alongside, helping create the Lakeland dessert shop.
Lakeland seeks new suppliers that will enhance its diverse categories and provide innovations that align with the brand’s vision. Drop ship opportunities can be considered on innovative outdoor cooking product (large items). Any food products should be NAFNAC, free from GM ingredients and hydrogenated fat and ideally manufactured in a SALSA or BRC accredited site and all submitted products will need to be a curated range of items that fit the bill.
The brief from Lakeland further advises that an understanding of what is already sold would be an advantage as it wishes to avoid cross quotes on current lines, unless presented with added value or features that are truly worthwhile. Any product shown should have been internally tested to show functions as fit for use. Products in wide distribution with supermarkets, discounters and garden centre groups should be avoided and if own brand is suggested, then excellent quality with reasonable prices and low MOQ’s are all essential. Sourcing within the UK and Europe is a benefit, and all products must comply with all the necessary UK legislation, compliance and testing.
Lakeland is a multi-channel retailer with circa sixty stores across the UK, eight in the Middle East, a website, and catalogue or media-based shopping channel and call centre. It focuses on quality products with performance beyond customer expectations, as well as an overall offering not available elsewhere. The MyLakeland Club now has over two million members who enjoy a regular offering of vouchers, recipes, content and offers from partners.
The price for taking part BHETA’s Lakeland MTB event is £89 plus VAT per appointment for BHETA members and £179 plus VAT per appointment for non-members at their first such BHETA event. Non-members who have attended a previous BHETA MTB events will be charged £249 plus VAT per appointment. The closing date for applications is April 20th and payment by non-members must be received no later than April 21st.
Chief operating officer of BHETA, Will Jones, said: “This is a really good opportunity for suppliers not already working with Lakeland. As ever, we expect a big turnout, so I advise booking as soon as possible.”