Following the incredible success of the Small Business Sustainability Basics programme, Small Business Britain is launching Business for Good: Green Skills for Small Business – a brand new sustainability programme. It is open to all small businesses looking to learn more about this vital topic and understand exciting the opportunities that sustainability can bring.
The course, delivered in partnership with Oxford Brookes Business School, will be accessible for businesses at any stage of their sustainability journey – and open to all small businesses, including those who took part in our Sustainability Basics Programme in 2022.
The six-week programme will cover the following modules:
- 7th Feb 11am – The Basics – The latest on energy, transport, and the opportunities that being a sustainable business can bring.
- 14th Feb 11am – Sustainable Marketing: how to market your business sustainably, how to market your sustainable creds and how to talk about it and maximise it for business value and growth
- 21st Feb 11am – Building a Green Community: Learn how strong peer group, community support, local eco-systems and local initiatives can greatly enhance and build your sustainable practices and knowledge.
- 28th Feb 11am – Measurement: Measuring carbon, measuring impact and measuring your progress.
- 7th March 11am – Financing Sustainability: Learn about grants, others sources of cash, bootstrapping opportunities and more!
- 14th March 11am – Accreditations: Learn how to apply, who to apply to, what helps, what works for customers, bids, consumers, costs and what is coming
The programme will cover:
- Six Weekly Training Sessions delivered as webinars, recorded and available for catch up on a dedicated page on the Small Business Britain website.
- Six Weekly Worksheets designed as a PDF and sent to all participants to take back to their business with actions to address each week. These will also be available to download and catch up from the Small Business Britain website.
- A community for all participants on Facebook for networking, support and on-going raising of questions and challenges.
- All businesses signed up to the programme will be invited to the private Facebook Group to network with other participants, course leaders and to share experiences and questions. At the end of the course, all participants will be invited to a real-world event to meet each other, network, get more advice on next steps and embed the impact of the programme. They will then be part of an on-going sustainability alumni community.
- At the end of the course, all participants will receive a virtual award and digital “badge” to say they have completed Business For Good: Green Skills for Small Business for their business.