Which? statement on EU referendum result

The votes have been counted and it’s official: the British public has voted to leave the European Union (EU).

In the historic referendum yesterday (Thursday June 23), a majority of 52% of voters agreed to leave the EU, while the remaining 48% of voters wanted to remain.

The full repercussions of the decision are not yet known, with the government now likely to enter weeks of talks and negotiation.

Peter Vicary-Smith, chief executive of consumer watchdog Which? said: “As an independent organisation working on behalf of all consumers Which? did not take a position on the referendum.

“Following the Leave result, as this is an unprecedented situation, we understand there will be questions from consumers over the practicalities of what happens next, and the implications for consumer rights.

“The negotiations over the nature of our withdrawal from the EU will be a lengthy process and Which? is committed to working with the government to ensure that the consumer voice is heard and important rights are protected.”

Which? bills itself as the largest consumer body in the UK, with over 680,000 members that subscribe to its magazine, and over 335,000 online subscribers,

Check Also

Nfinite expands product visual creation offerings for CPG companies

Nfinite has expanded offerings for CPG and released new insights from independent research conducted by …