A host of suppliers and retailers took home accolades at the annual DIY Week Awards, which brought together representatives from across the DIY industry to celebrate at the Tower Hotel in London last Friday (May 10).
A total of 18 suppliers and retailers were presented with trophies on the day across a variety of categories.
The 2019 winners are:
- Hand Tool & Accessory of the Year – Stanley, Track Wall System 20-piece Kit
- Decorating Product of the Year – Mitforddesign, PaintTopper
- Digital Innovation Award – Hayes Garden World
- Garden Leisure Product of the Year – Smart Garden Products, Bluetooth Solar Lighting Range
- Marketing Initiative Award – Tile Giant
- Digital Investment Award – VegTrug
- Garden Care Product of the Year – Barrettine, Anti-Slip Top Coat Decking Oil, 5 Litres
- Team of the Year – Bute Tools – General Store
- Home & Kitchen Product of the Year – Addis Housewares, Fold Flat Laundry Basket
- Power Tool of the Year – Avron, Dekton Power Cordless Caulking Gun
- Retailer Support Initiative – Stax Trade Centres
- Security Product of the Year – Yale, Sync Smart Home Alarm
- Business Expansion Award – Batley DIY Centre
- Garden Tool of the Year – Spear & Jackson, 3-in-1 Rake
- DIY Product of the Year – suki.international, Screw-It-Again
- Sustainability Award ( Turnover >£20m) – Gordale Home and Garden Centre
- Sustainability Award (Turnover <£20m) – Kingfisher
- Lighting & Electrical Product of the Year – Smart Garden Products, Bluetooth Solar Lighting Range
- Judges’ Choice Award – suki.international, Screw-It-Again
- Retailer of the Year – Kings DIY
The audience showed its support for industry charity the Rainy Day Trust with generous guests donating £1,262 on the day. Those who had given money to the Trust were then able to take part in a game of ‘Heads & Tails’ to win a pair of Gold Club Wembley tickets. The prize was taken home by Phil Ayre of Kings DIY.
The 2019 DIY Week Awards was sponsored by AkzoNobel, Barrettine, the British Home Enhancement Trade Association (BHETA), Burg-Wächter UK, the Garden Industry Manufacturers Association (GIMA), Henkel, Home Hardware Southwest, Sam’s Trade Direct, Stax Trade Centres, Toolstream and ZEP Commercial.